- 7:30 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
- Council Chambers
136 N Oak Street
Ottawa, OH 45875
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
All legislative authority set forth in the Charter, which was adopted by a vote of the electorate on November 2, 1999, together with all authority otherwise conferred by the Constitution and the general laws of the State of Ohio shall be vested in Council. In addition to those powers granted by the Constitution of Ohio and the general laws of the State of Ohio, such powers shall include but are not limited to:
- Adopt an annual appropriation ordinance by the date prescribed by the general laws.
- Authorize audits of any or all of the departments or offices of the Village.
- Conduct investigations of any municipal matter or office, subpoena witnesses, administer oaths, take testimony, and compel the production of evidence
- Determine the compensation of all officials, officers and employees.
- Originate, introduce and pass motions, resolutions and ordinances.
The Mayor is elected at the regular municipal election for a term of 4 years which commences on the first day of January following the election.
Council consists of 6 members elected at large on a non-partisan basis for 4 year terms. The terms shall commence on the first day of January following the election. At each general municipal election 3 members are elected in each odd numbered year.
There is a Municipal Director, Clerk-Treasurer and Law Director who oversee administrative and other government tasks pertaining to Ottawa. Individual Village services are administered through the Utilities Department, the Streets Department, Volunteer Fire Department, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, and Police Department.