- Our Community
- Blanchard River
- Flood Preparation
- Bring unsecured landscape items inside. Landscaping decorations can create hazardous floating debris during a flood.
- Members of the public are warned to never venture into flooded areas. Do not drive through areas of water across a roadway.
- Move valuable items to a higher level.
- Move vehicles to one of the following designated high ground parking areas. Please note parking in the designated areas is at your own risk and does not guarantee the designated area will not also flood during a high water event.
- Sandbags may be returned to pallets located at the Municipal Garage on Defiance Street. Call 419-523-5020 if you have questions.
- Village of Ottawa residents may obtain sandbags from the Municipal Garage located at 1323 North Defiance Street.
- Village of Ottawa residents requiring assistance with debris clean-up may contact the Village offices at 419-523-5020. Homeowners are urged to check their respective flood insurance policies to determine if debris removal is provided.
Place to Go During High Water Event
- Council on Aging - 1425 East Fourth Street
- Educational Service Center - 124 Putnam Parkway
- Former Philips Lot, South of the Guard Tower (high area)- 700 North Pratt Street (furthest lot south)
- Goodwill - 820 North Locust (park closer to street)
- Ottawa-Glandorf High School - 630 Glendale Avenue
- Ottawa Highland Lanes - 1895 East Fourth Street
- P.T. Services - 1331 E Fourth Street (east end of lot)
- Putnam County Fairgrounds - 1490 East Second Street
- Putnam County YMCA - 101 Putnam Parkway
- Wal-Mart - 1720 North Perry (park closer to North Perry)
- Whirlpool Parking Lot - 677 Woodland Drive